Tuesday, October 27, 2009

5 down (4 to go?)

Yesterday I was sick in bed all day (thankfully we were staying put in Col. Springs).  It was just a day long flu bug for me and I never actually tossed my cookies.  Henry is quite an amazing man...I know you all know that but listen to this...he took the kids up to Pike's Peak & the Anazai Cliff Dwellings all by himself.  Then he came home and grilled a pork tenderloin, patiently instructed Henry how to make the mac-n-cheese on a gas stove, and had a fun time with the kids (I could hear all of this from the bedroom since it is only 5 feet away!)  Things like this make me love him all the more!  They took tons of pictures to show me their adventures for the day.  We have very slow internet access; we'll try to post more pics tomorrow.






I woke up feeling good this morning and we were on the road by 9am.  About a half hour into the trip, Colette threw up all over herself.  We pulled off the road and got into the camper, got her some clean clothes, the carpet cleaner, the Lysol wipes, the plastic tablecloth to cover her and the small trash can.  Good thing because, as I write this, she's gotten sick (thankfully into the bucket now) 3 more times.  What to do???  Just pulled off again to clean out the bucket, nurse Corinne, and get everyone else some lunch.  It is now 1:30 here & we've driven only about 100 miles (remember I said we left at 9am?)  We are planning on stopping near Santa Fe, NM tonight.  Do you think we'll make it???

OK, we made it and the poor thing was so sick the whole way.  I ended up sitting in the back to help her out and Henry V went into the front with Henry.  So far the sickness has only hit the girls...the strong men are illness free (although I sent all the boys to bed with plastic bowls just in case!)

2 comments:

  1. I really (truly!) wish I could be there to help! Still praying! God IS good and I'm so thankful that you guys can still see His hand in all this craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, let me add that if you guys decide to head back here a little earlier than planned, that's just FINE by all of us here in Indy! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete