Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Isn't it Grand!




What a terrific day we had yesterday at the Grand Canyon!  The kids were amazed at the size and we all were humbled by how awesome and creative is the Lord our God.  We hiked about 1/3 of the way down to the bottom and were happy we didn't go any further when it was time to come back up :)
Seth was VERY comfortable around the crazy heights...a little too confident.  He scared us!  He lost his first tooth yesterday in the car right after we left the Grand Canyon. 

Aren't you glad you are able to see some of our photos?  Well, so am I...I nearly deleted all of our trip pictures from the computer last night.  Henry was sleeping next to me and I thought I'd be helpful and try to create a new folder.  Apparently I didn't know what I was doing so I ended up deleting everything.  Thankfully they were all in the recycle bin & Henry was able to retrieve them once he woke up to me crying because of what I had done.  They are now all in one folder and a lot of sorting needs to happen but at least we have them all now! 




Now that we're in warmer weather, the camping type things we were looking forward to are actually able to happen...cooking outdoors, camp fires, playing outside, etc. 

After playing putt putt at our campground in Williams, AZ this morning, we headed to Nevada.  We are now in Las Vegas in the Samstown RV park.  Henry has the 5 older kids out right now going for a drive down "The Strip" to see all of the neon lights and sights.  I've been here a couple of times before so I didn't mind that I didn't get to see it tonight.  There seems to be a lot of "family friendly" things to do here so we're excited to stay for a few days, take it all in, and enjoy these awesome 80+ temps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment