Sunday, November 8, 2009

Leaving Las Vegas

Well we are officially on our way back east...still very far from home, though.  We left Vegas this morning and are in Holbrook, AZ right now.  We will be seeing the Petrified Forest National Park in the morning which is very close to here.  We continued our Sunday afternoon tradition of eating pizza by stopping at Little Caesars, picking up some pizza and eating it at a local park in Kingman, AZ.  It was good to run around and stretch our legs.




Yesterday was a day of cars, cars, cars and amazing hiking.  We started off by going to the Auto Collections Museum where we saw over 250 classic cars.  Most were for sale with the top price displayed being $3,000,000 for a Dodge prototype from the 60's.  The boys (including my husband) were in hog heaven!  It was really neat, I must admit! 




We then went over to The Venitian where there is another showroom connected to the Lamborghini restaurant/store.  Here we saw Lamborghinis (obviously), Ferraris, and other fast, expensive cars my boys were going "ga-ga" over! 

Red Rock Canyon was where we spent yesterday afternoon.  I really can't believe I had never heard of this gorgeous wonder before coming out here this time.  I told Henry I'd fly out to Las Vegas just to spend a few days here.  It was amazingly beautiful & so much fun to hike around.  Of all the places we've been so far, we all agreed that this was probably the best hiking and breathtakingly beautiful. 







And there were wild burros too...so cute!!!

I feel like we are getting better at figuring out how to do things in the camper with such limited space (such as cooking dinner, cleaning up, getting dressed, etc.) but I also feel like it is starting to drive us a little insane (at least me and Henry!)  It will be a bitter-sweet return to "normal" life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment